Join the team at Wadswick!
Wadswick Country Store is a retail business situated on the edge of the Cotswolds, seven miles east of Bath. Located on the farm on which it was launched 30 years ago, it caters for the country market. Customers participate in horse riding, field sports or perhaps just enjoying dog walking and the country life. The shop’s product range is extensive with clothing and equipment from top brands such as Le Chameau, Ariat, Musto, Pikeur, Dubarry, Barbour, Beretta, Schoffel, Fairfax & Favor, and Joules. Product focus is on quality but is broad enough to cater to most budgets.
The store has grown steadily since inception and now offers a broad range of services and products. The physical store is currently being extended and we have recently added a world-leading Shooting Simulator to complement our Gun Room offering. Holisticvet, a homeopathic veterinary practice for dogs and horses, has recently taken up residence on site. As the site grows, we anticipate other additions to the business to create an established destination store.
This is an exciting time for Wadswick Country Store so if you’re looking for a great career opportunity in the country retail sector, we would love to hear from you!
Full Time & Sunday Sales Assistants
We are looking for individuals to join us Sales Assistants. As a Sales Assistant, you’ll be a team player with a real focus on delivering an amazing Customer experience and excellent store standards on a daily basis. You’ll be passionate and knowledgeable about our products and do your best every day to make sure that our Customers have the best in-store experience possible.
The role of Sunday Sales Assistant is a great way to get into Retail and if you’ve got what it takes, there are lots of opportunities to develop and grow with us. If you’re looking to join a hard-working and passionate team, (and have some fun along the way!), a Sales Assistant role could be for you.
- Greet customers with a smile and provide them with product information in a friendly and efficient way
- Be aware of any seasonal trends and implement any changes on the sales floor
- Work positively and collaboratively with other team members
- Know our products and advise Customers accordingly
- Ensure in-store standards are met and procedures are followed
- Be punctual, professional and well presented
- Ideally, you’ll have some experience in a retail environment
- Be able to work flexibly
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Can work well as part of a team
- Effective communication and listening skills
Applications to Joanna Boyd – firstname.lastname@example.org
Gun Room Assistant – Full Time
Launched in 2015 the Gun Room is now an established destination for all one’s shooting needs. With a large selection of new and used guns on site as well as cartridges, ammo and accessories for both shotgun and rifle shooter. The shop has a fantastic range of shooting clothing.
In 2017 a new Marksman Shooting Simulator was installed on site. As the world’s leading shooting-coaching-training simulator for hunting and sports shooting it has proved a huge success and attracts customers from afar.
The position of Gun Room Assistant is a full time role, responsible for:
- Helping run the daily operations of the Gun Room and Shooting Simulator
- Providing superior customer service by assisting customers in the selection, demonstration and purchase of all gun related products and services.
- Pricing and buying trade-ins and general gun purchases from customers and potentially suppliers
- Liaising with suppliers and Sales Representatives in a professional manner.
- Working closely with gunsmiths to ensure prompt service and repair of guns.
- Running Simulator sessions as required.
- Responding appropriately and in a timely fashion to customer and firearm officer queries
- Greeting and acknowledging all customers in a friendly, professional manner and providing quick, responsive customer service
- Working closely with the business owners to saturate market share
- Maintaining current product knowledge, general firearms laws and safety procedures
- Maintaining an accurate record of sales and stock levels.
- Keeping a correct register of all guns across the shop EPOS system, Gun Trader register and online website to maximise sales and provide an up to date inventory.
- Other duties as assigned
After hours work may be necessary on occasion to accommodate special circumstances, such as stock take, special events, or appointments.
Schedule may vary from week to week in the best interest of the company, however reasonable schedule preferences may be granted at the discretion of management
Essential Knowledge, Skills, & Education
- Good or increasing knowledge of guns and rifles with up to date knowledge of their new and second hand values.
- Retail experience is preferable
- Understand and be proficient in restricted and non-restricted sales, refunds/returns, Consignment, Gift Cards etc.
- Ability to operate, demonstrate and explain relevant products to help our customers make the best choices.
Applications to The Gun Room – email@example.com